Monday, May 07, 2007

It's alive! Ahhhhh!

This past Friday Matt and I went to the Chilliwack Hospital to have my 18 week ultrasound. So after these past 4 months of trying to tell people really I'm pregnant not "I didn't over eat during our two month stint in Salmon Arm. ", or "No I didn't drink a lot of excess beer during bike off season." the reality of our second baby entering into our lives emerged.

For those who have never had an ultrasound before it states on the sheet they give you to 'empty out your bladder two hours prior to your appointment then immediately drink 4 cups of water.' Really I should have learned my lesson the last time that really the tech did tell me only drink 2 cups of water then drink a bit more right before your appointment. But little concerned me didn't listen and downed the two cups simply because I worked out prior and somehow thought it will be absorbed and then my bladder will still need some filling. So there I am on the way to my appointment, crouched over in the passenger seat dying from an over filled bladder but still sipping my water bottle thinking 'maybe I can get one more cup in.' Thank goodness my appointment was right after lunch because I was in right away and had the tech laugh at my saying she actually couldn't get any really good photos because my bladder was too full. Then in a Godly moment the tech passed me a 14 oz cup and said go to the bathroom and fill that cup, dump it and then come back. Thank you!!!


So back I came, Matt was allowed into the room and wala we saw the moving baby. I have to admit within two years the ultrasound photos have already gotten better to look at. The tech knowing Matt was a resident was helpful in pointing out specific things doctors may notice or not notice 'no cysts on the brain' (yeah!), 'full photo of nose and lips', and the baby's ability to open and close its hands. Pretty cool!


So without further jammering on my part here's the best photo (the other ones included a full frontal skeltor photo!)

Too bad it isn't a bit clearer the baby is actually waving it hand.

I'll try to Matt to download a few more...in the mean time have a great week!

Mo, Matt and Liam

1 comment:

Mellerson said...

I can't believe that's the inside of your tummy, amazing!