Monday, June 19, 2006

My Top Fives

After a wondeful week in Edmonton we have all settled back into our life in Chilliwack. I thought I would use this post to simply reminsice about our great week back 'home'...

My top 5 things I miss about Edmonton (in no particiular order):
1. Oilers Fever - it was awesome seeing so many houses and businesses decked out in Oilers' banners along with Oilers shirts everywhere. Game 7 tonight they're going all the way!!!
2. The big sky of Alberta - so we had a lot of rain last week in Edmonton but man that sky is gorgeous!
3. My Family - yep they're awesome people every single one of them. That's all I can say because other wise I am going to be an emotional mess.
4. My friends - now I realize that I didn't get to see everyone which I apologize for, however those that I did get a chance to visit you make me miss Edmonton more than ever. It is nice to know that you can go away and come back and the relationship you have will always stay the same. (sniffle sniffle)
5. The vibe of Edmonton - just plain friendly all the time...who could ask for more.

Top 3 things I don't miss very much about Edmonton (see less things to be unhappy about when talking about the City of Champions especasilly tonight!! woo Go Oilers!!)...
1. Mosquitos - what the? I was out for an hour the other night and got 10 mosquito bites...yep my legs are red from itching them I know it's a bad habit but whatever helps.
2. Whitemud traffic - you know i have moved to a small city when I like to complain about traffic.
3. Rain which caused the Wednesday night Pedalhead ride to be cancelled...don't worry i will participate in one of these rides by the end of the summer.
4. Not seeing everyone you want to see...I guess that's not the fault of Edmonton but hey I am still upset about it.

Here's the continuation of photos from our last post.

TUESDAY NIGHT
dinner with PauPau

WEDNESDAY

Keltie, read me another please?

Melissa, thanks for the celery it made my day!

Sandy, Liam and Gayann

THURSDAY

Hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa before they left for Europe

I'll post some more photos later.

Love,

Mo, Matt and Liam




No comments: