Monday, November 20, 2006

'The Day I turned into a Monster' written by Liam

It was a grey glooming day in November when I turned into a monster. I am not sure what came over me but after November 19 I have never been the same. I am now a monster dressed up in a little fat kid's body.

Remember I wasn't always this way. Up until this fateful day in November I was a sweet 14 1/2 month old toddler. I never did anything wrong even though those two people that live in my house tell me I do. Apparently, unrolling a full roll of toilet paper is wrong - if it was not meant to be unrolled wouldn't it be simply stacked in a pile? Also throwing my food on the floor is wrong - what do they expect me to do if it doesn't taste good? The reality is I am the perfect child, I go to sleep when they want me to, I play with other kids, I run around the house...what more could they ask for.

However, that Sunday morning the 19th I felt different. Grown up maybe I was only a week away from being 15 months old or I slept in...that always changes your day. Nevertheless, I was different. The day started the same I went to do errands with those people I am suppose to call my 'parents' and came home for a nice 3 hour nap. In the afternoon, my dad and I watched the Grey Cup while my mom baked some chocolate chip cookies (what those are I will never know but they smelt good!!).

As dinner approached I started getting a little bored so I headed into the kitchen to help my mom cook some food. I helped myself to a pot and lid in the drawer and proceeded to push the pot around like a curling rock until I was abrupted interrupted by my mom who took my pot away while messaging her head. So without a pot in my hand I thought about doing the next best thing...
I got in the drawer instead...way more fun anyways then pushing around a pot and lid. I was allowed to play in there for what seemed like 5 seconds and then I received the boot.

Little did they know I would return to cause even more havoc. I have learned to reach things on the shelf and counter by going on my tippytoes. Even though I can not see what is on the counter by feeling around you can almost always find something to play with and today was my lucky day. My 10 pudgy fingers felt along the counter and hooray I was in luck...

Who knew the chocolate chip cookies weren't all for me? Needless to stay I did not get to eat even one cookie instead I was relegated to the living room.

This is only the beginning apparently the monster urges are suppose to get even stronger when you turn 2!! My parents will LOVE that!

Enjoy your week and see you soon.

Liam




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I can't wait to see the little monster.