Saturday, July 22, 2006

Oh how we wish it was Chilli in the Wack!

Okay I am not going to complain about the weather here but wow this is what I call a heatwave. Today it hit 36 again...normally I would be fine if we were let's say in Maui where the ocean breeze would be bringing in a nice tropical scent and you're glistening more than sweating. However, we are dealing with 36 degrees of humid air that I will admit smells like manure at times depending on which road we travel on.

On a more positive outlook this is SUMMER!! Wow I haven't enjoyed this much sunshine and heat in a long time apparently it goes like this into August and then the beginning of September.

So this post is clearly dedicated to what we did this week to beat the hot hot heat of the 'Wack!

MONDAY - Karen, Samuel (he's the little dude under the blanket), Liam and I headed out to the park for an afternoon of swings, fruit smoothies, crawling, chatting and simply relaxing. It was cool to see Liam enjoying the playground (although in this picture he looks a little blah he was having a good time on the swing) and to think in a few months he will be cruising around these parks. Watch out world trouble is on his way!

TUESDAY - In the afternoon (L-R) Andrea, Tammy, Liam, Shandalin, Karen, Samuel and I headed out for a little hike up to Cascade Falls! What a cool spot too bad we did not know there were swimmable pools above the falls otherwise we would have been beating the hot heat in one them. There is always next time...

WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY: Liam decided to beat the heat by simply running away from it I mean climbing away from it. Yep he's learned to go up and down stairs...descending not always so great he sometimes forgets to go down feet first therefore leading to some baby carnage lying at the bottom of the stairs. Don't worry he always bounces back for more!

FRIDAY: Yep Liam typically lounges around the house like this now a days. He loves his ice water...we've tried the juice and no go he rather go for the cup of cold agua a la ice cubes. What's he watching you ask? Hmm maybe some true crime or ultimate fighting...kidding just a little Tour de France before dins.

SATURDAY: So we...no better put I broke down this morning and went to Sears and bought an air conditioner. After last nights sleep downstairs I figured something needed to be done as I do actually enjoy full use of our house so I caved and bought this little machine. Not exactly aesthetically pleasing but whatever I am not sweating like I just ran a marathon sitting upstairs. Thanks to our neighbours, Andy and Traci, for picking up the little air monster and installing it. Here's a pic of Liam enjoying his air being blown in the freezing cold air firing out this machine.


Well I hope this makes more people want to visit...hmmm coool air conditioned room, famous Chilliwack corn, fresh berries from the farms, 35 degree plus temps...need I go on?

Have a great one!

Love,

Matt, Mo and Liam

No comments: